Why is it taken my plantation 13months to fruit instead of 9months?
The rate at which your sucker produce fruit depends on the following factors:
1. Whether or not you control weed when the suckers was tender
2. Whether or not you did soil test of the soil to know the level of Macro and Micro nutrient available in the soil to know the Qty of NPK fertilizer to apply and method of application
3. How moist or how well drained is your soil
4. Whether or not you planted your sucker at dry season and fail to wet regularly
5. Whether or not you planted a hybrid so like that of kenfarm
6. If there was poor rain fall just after planting
These and many more factors determines if your plantain will fruit in 9months and if the fruit will be big enough.